Old 06-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Snooze

Default stupd pond cleaning questions

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:27:30 -0400, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote:

I live a few miles south of Atlanta, and between the pine pollen and
the lack of plants in my newish pond, it looks more like a vat of
green paint than any sort of ecosystem!

I'm anxious for warmer weather so the plants can start growing. Dumped
a half-dozen water hyacinths in there Saturday, but temps have been
hovering in the 40-50's so they aren't interested in doing anything
right now, I think.

Busily making a milk-crate filter today to see if it can help at all.
http://www.mvwgs.org/filter.htm

The way things look right now I figure I'll need to clean it at least
once a day for a while...

A filter with lava rocks? Even a milk crate sized filter can be pretty
heavy, especially when you're leaning into a drum, or the pond to pick it
up. Fill the milk crate with something light and easy to clean, I personally
use cheap scouring pads, that I got from a restaurant supply store.

To clean them all I have to do use spray them with the garden hose.

Sameer