Old 06-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Iguana

Default any1 in Toronto Canada area

Joel wrote:
Did anyone in the Toronto area get cought with there pants down with
this sudden cold of -15C ?

I started the pond up last week when it was warm, NOT thinking it
would go much below 0C again, well, -15C is alot colder then 0 and
the system froze up on me, the water drained from the hose emptying
the pond to the last 8" since I keep the pump that much from the
bottom.

I know something has survived, but I dont know how many, I rushed to
put a couple buckets of water and I covered the pond with heavey
liner to keep it out of the wind and put an air line back in the
water.

its suppose to warm up again, I hope they last that long.

My rule for both the pond and winter tires in the GTA is: Not Until After
Easter!

(Or, in the event Easter falls in March, not until DST + 1 week)

My pond still has the de-icer floating in it...