Old 06-04-2004, 09:27 PM
axeman chris

Default any1 in Toronto Canada area

"Joel" wrote in message
5...
Did anyone in the Toronto area get cought with there pants down with this
sudden cold of -15C ?

I started the pond up last week when it was warm, NOT thinking it would go
much below 0C again, well, -15C is alot colder then 0 and the system froze
up on me, the water drained from the hose emptying the pond to the last 8"
since I keep the pump that much from the bottom.

I know something has survived, but I dont know how many, I rushed to put a
couple buckets of water and I covered the pond with heavey liner to keep

it
out of the wind and put an air line back in the water.

its suppose to warm up again, I hope they last that long.

I was going to do all my pond cleaning work last week & am now very
grateful I got held up doing other things. I'm sure the fish would have
been OK (they spend the winter indoors), but it would have been a nasty
shock for them. Maybe over Easter weekend it will get warm enough to go out
& clean out the pond & get the filter running.

Jacqui