Old 06-04-2004, 09:31 PM
Katra

Default Skinks

The newborns do look a bit different. :-)
Far more slender! The size of Gecko eggs amazes me when I compare them
to the size of an adult female gecko!

That's got to hurt. G

The babies are more slim and streamlined, not fat like the adults, very
translucent. Odds are, they are breeding in your attic just like mine
are. What I get in the house are also mostly newborns. Teensy little
beasties!

I try to pin them gently behind the head to get them outside without
breaking their tails off.

You will only see adult geckos at night. They are nocturnal.
I used to have several hang out around the bug zapper when I had one...

K.

In article ,
"cledus" wrote:

The description for the House Gecko sounds about right - pinkish/brown and
translucent. But the photo on the web site looks nothing like it. We
occaisionally get this one in the house. I assume they must have been a
babies since the were only 1.5" to 2" long.

During summer months, I see the bright green lizards (Anoles) crawling
around the shrubbery quite often.

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
"cledus" wrote:

Last year we had several instances of a very small, flat,

translucent/brown
lizard inside our house. When I tried to capature it to toss it

outside,
the tail would break off. Any idea what species it might have been?

C.

Most likely
Mediterranean House Geckos.

http://www.enature.com/fieldguide/sh...pID=7&shapeID=
1059&curPageNum=4&recnum=AR0059

I have them all over, and they breed in my attic.

I get very, very few palmetto bugs anymore, and the cats get whatever
ones get past the geckos. ;-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

"There are many intelligent species in the universe, and they are all

owned by cats! -- Asimov

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...e=0&user id=k
atra