Old 06-04-2004, 09:31 PM
Tony Kissell

Default DIY yeast CO2 problem

"Matt" wrote in message
Hey, all,

Just wanted to see if anyone else out there has had this problem and might

be
able to help. I have a 120 gallon tank with DIY CO2 injected into the

filter
pickup. Problem is, my CO2 production is extremely low... Like 1 bubble

per 3
minutes. The first batch I ran on this tank kicked butt to the tune of a
bubble every 2 seconds for two weeks, but to date all successive batches

have
been duds. I tried adding baking soda, but it didn't help at all. In

fact,
that batch was probably the worst to date. I cant seem to get this stuff

going
well. I use a 1 gallon gatorade jug with 3.5 cups of sugar and half a tbs

of
Fleishmann's active dry yeast. Can anyone figure out what's causing this
problem?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Also check your room temperature, my CO2 production decreases over the
Winter months for this reason. Yeast likes to live in water of about blood
temperature or just below.