Old 06-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Robert Flory

Default Green water and CO2

Grants stump remover .... The BORG and LOWEs carry along with most other
hardware garden stores.. There are other brands of stump remover in some
areas. It is fertilizer, strong oxidizer, explosive in some conditions when
mixed with the wrong stuff.. so buy very small qualities or the FBI will
likely visit ;-)

it works ...
Bob

s. "Shawn" wrote in message
I'm not a chemist. Can someone tell me what KNO3 is and where I can buy

it
? I've been battling green water algae for a couple weeks now with no
success. I'm 2-day past a 5-day black out. I wrapped my 55gal in a heavy
blanket and duct-taped it shut. 5 days later I took it off and had

crystal
clear water ! I was so happy. However, it's not been almost 3 days since

took off the blanket, and the green water is reappearing. I was just
looking up UV sterilizers online but then I saw this post below, and I'm
wondering if that might be a fix without having to buy UV equipment. I'd
like to solve this problem as inexpensively as I can !

Thanks - Shawn

Thanks Marvin,
I have read up on UV sterilizers and was
wondering if they would be a solution. I will check it out and see

what
happens.

Before investing on an equipement. kepp Light and CO2 on, dose KNO3
1/4 tsp every other day.

Just try
Dominic