Old 06-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Digging out a pond?

Lisa,

Since you are talking about a fishing pond, dug with heavy equipment, I'd
ask the *operators* of the equipment, as I think they would know best the
optimal conditions for the equipment.

Hmmm.... I've been meaning to upgrade my teeny little water garden, maybe
this will be the year to do it.

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"Lisa C." wrote in message

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:22:31 GMT, wrote:

In article , Lisa C wrote:
In the do-it-yourself realm of things, how dry does it need to be
before you dig out a pond? I have been told that it pretty much has to
be dry as a bone to keep from getting stuck - but I'm wondering what
that really means.

Are we talking a week with very little rain? A month?

How deep? Area (sqft or acres)?

Ohh. that would probably help, huh? I am talking more like a pond
that you would go fishing in - with a dam - not a small goldfish pond.
One that you would dig with heavy equipment.