Old 06-04-2004, 09:36 PM

Default Digging out a pond?

In article , Anne Lurie wrote:
Lisa,

Since you are talking about a fishing pond, dug with heavy equipment, I'd
ask the *operators* of the equipment, as I think they would know best the
optimal conditions for the equipment.

Hmmm.... I've been meaning to upgrade my teeny little water garden, maybe
this will be the year to do it.

I agree Anne. Most times someone takes advantage of sloping land and
dams up the lower end. ONe also has to install a spillway and other
such things in the bottom so too much water would be a factor.

With all the environmental factors today you may also be required to
have a permit to even build one and have an engineer design it.

A contractor would be the source or someone in county government who is
in water and stream managment.

Someone in our church recently built one on their land west of Pittsboro
I will ask him.
Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"Lisa C." wrote in message

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:22:31 GMT, wrote:

In article , Lisa C wrote:
In the do-it-yourself realm of things, how dry does it need to be
before you dig out a pond? I have been told that it pretty much has to
be dry as a bone to keep from getting stuck - but I'm wondering what
that really means.

Are we talking a week with very little rain? A month?

How deep? Area (sqft or acres)?

Ohh. that would probably help, huh? I am talking more like a pond
that you would go fishing in - with a dam - not a small goldfish pond.
One that you would dig with heavy equipment.

spam@
www.spam.com is a garbage address.