Old 06-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Baine Carruthers

Default Hard Freeze??

Hi Brent

Be careful using the plastic sheeting. It usually does more harm than good
unless you're out there before sun hits it.

--
Baine

"Brent Harsh" wrote in message
m...
Robert wrote:

weather.com is predicting a possible hard freeze for our area, is there
anything people here do to prepare for this or is it just a keep your
fingers crossed situation?

I have no idea if it's the right thing to do, but I do cover some of
the young growing things - I have an old moving blanket and some heavy
plastic sheeting that I just drape over them. I pull our jasmine and
other potted plants in off the deck. My mom was down from Wisconsin
last month and sowed some cosmos, allysum, morning glories, etc - I
cover those now that they're popping out.

Thanks,

Robert
... A FREEZE POSSIBLE LATE SUNDAY NIGHT BUT MORE LIKELY MONDAY NIGHT...

--
Brent Harsh - KD4PBO /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Say
bharsh at ncroadrunner \ / NO to HTML in email and news.