Old 06-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Joanna & Mark

Default Advice about VERY messy neighbor

Hi KJ!
Thank you for the article.
They are a few houses down I would say about three. I am pretty sure there
are not any covenants in the neighborhood, but we are new here and I will
check around.
I think my two biggest concerns is I have seen things like that spread from
house to house and the second is that we will lose equity in our home if the
neighborhood falls apart.
I would like to stop by, but part of me says, don't do it. I wouldn't want
to have to live down the road from my worst nightmare, so I would like to
try to do it as anonymously as possible.

"Kelly Garner" wrote in message
In article ,
Joanna & Mark wrote:
-=-=-=-=-=-

I am inquiring about who to notify about a messy neighbor.

If you haven't even made the effort to go over there and inquire about

your neighbour's situation or to
offer assistance (you're right, things happen) - but instead just go on

what "everyone else said", then
that's not building good fences.

How close is this house to yours?

Do you have any *shudder* covenants in your neighbourhood? Is there a

neighbourhood commission or
committee?

Is there an agency in Raleigh / Garner that could be notified to request

that this be taken care of?

If you are within the city limits there may be a city organisation - in

the county though I don't know.

Here's something about a situation (somewhat similar) in Fayetteville.
http://www.wral.com/money/1635572/detail.html

Cheers
KJ
--
---
"We're all given a ticket to the American freak show the day we're born

and
some people, they put their ticket away. Me, I watch the show." - George

Carlin
http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly -=*= kelly @ unc.edu