Old 06-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Joanna & Mark

Default Advice about VERY messy neighbor

Hi KJ,
I am sorry if I gave the impression that I am not wanting neighbors.
I happen to love most of my neighbors and I have no problems with anyone.
I love seeing toys and garden items and all the things that make a home a
home, I even love the fact that most of the kids have drifted their items
into our yard. I love the sounds of playing and barking and all the things
that make life worth living.
... but rusted beer cans and rotted bags of garbage aren't the items you
would expect of a neighbor. I would never do that to my neighbors, so I
would hope for the same in return.
It isn't so much a legal issue, but wanting to know if there is an agency
that can go to their house and say hey this is a hazard clean it up please.
But I will take your advice and maybe do a stop by with a cake or something
to meet the people to get an idea of what the situation is. If it is as
simple as they are unable to do it, then perhaps getting together with some
able body people to help is in order.
Thanks again,
Jo

"Kelly Garner" wrote in message
In article ,
Joanna & Mark wrote:
I would like to stop by, but part of me says, don't do it. I wouldn't

want
to have to live down the road from my worst nightmare, so I would like to
try to do it as anonymously as possible.

Then why even bother to move to an area where you have neighbours in the

first place?
This just makes me wonder.
Chances are there is very little you can legally do about it but a small

bit of conversation can go a
long way.

Cheers
KJ
--
---
"We're all given a ticket to the American freak show the day we're born

and
some people, they put their ticket away. Me, I watch the show." - George

Carlin
http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly -=*= kelly @ unc.edu