Old 06-04-2004, 09:38 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default How do I attract butterflies

The message
from Christopher Norton contains these words:
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

Agreed that ransomes and ground elder are good, but properly treated,
nettles are ace, too. Good King Henry, fat hen, glasswort, samphire
(Crithrum maritimum, *NOT* Salicornia perennis!), sea kale, sea spinach,
dandelion leaves and the young shoots of hogweed are all delicious as
well.

Good old samphire. I`ve seen them on the wash picking like mad and when
asked they were going down to london as they know a restaurant that pays
a small fortune for it.

Grows like nothing else around these parts.
I`m quite partial to sea kale too but thats not too common now. 8-(

Except that what they send down to London as samphire is in fact
glasswort. Samphire is much less comon, and where it is abundant, it
does not grow in big clumps and over large areas like Salicornia
perrenis will.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/