Old 06-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Robert

Default Camelia flowering - lack of!

CM wrote:
: I have a camellia which seems reluctant to flower. Each year we get a
: few, but nothing compared to others in my area.
: It's planted quite close to a west facing fence, hence protected from
: early morning sun, but I think the position may be a bit too dry?
:
: What do others think? Or is there some trick to getting Camellias to
: flower.
:
: Thanks

I would say if you think it's too dry then that is what it is. The only
other thing I can think of is lack of enough sun or that your ground is too
alkaline. If the leaves are yellowing as well you could try adding some
sulpher chips to try and acidify the ground more