Old 06-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Eugene Gilmartin

Default Seed help please?

I thought you were in West Yorks. According to the Met Office 1995 was the
last 'formation of frost' beyond the last week of May!!!

You must be very high up - I think you should get in touch with the Met
Office, or LBAirport weather outstation.

Anyway thanks for your input Kay, as ever it was right to the heart of the
seed help question. Don't know what this group would do without you
.......;-)

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Eugene Gilmartin
writes
Which years were these Kay?

Last year was early - there was a frost in mid-May but we didn't have
any after that. All the other years I've been hear, I've worked on their
being a frost in the first few days of June but not later, and that has
been accurate expect for one year about 3-4 years ago when I was caught
out by a later one.

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Eugene Gilmartin
writes
If 30mm then they should be in individual pots.

You can plant them outside when risk of frost has passed - depends on
yourlocation - In W Yorks this is end May.

Hmm.

Depends on your definition of W Yorks!
In my bit of W Yorks, last frost varies between 5th and 11th June ;-)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Kay Easton