Old 06-04-2004, 09:42 PM
crom

Default Lawnmower advice

cheers for that charlie, are rotary mowers good at mowing right up to the
footpath?
and do they need any special care?

It looks like you're after the same thing I wanted last year. I wanted
stripes and almost bought a cylinder mower but I'm glad I didn't
rotary with roller on the back is definitely the way to go.

I bought a second hand Honda and it does the job just fine. They will
normally have wheels at all the corners so if you want to go right up
to a wall then you might need to get a strimmer as well. Apart from
that, I run off the grass on to the path and haven't had any problems.

I check the oil every month or so and have sharpened the blades once.
Apart from that give it a good clean before you put it away for
winter.

HTH,
Crom