Old 06-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Tim Tyler

Default Growing mint from cuttings

Tim Tyler wrote or quoted:

I'm trying to grow some mint from cuttings.

Mint is /supposed/ to root easily - but I'm having some problems.

I've tried putting the cuttings in water, but find that they wilt
faster than they take up fresh water.

I have some rooting powder - but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

My cuttings came from a local fruit shop. Though they look fresh
enough, it seems /possible/ that they are too far gone by the time
they reach me. It does seem like a good strain of mint, though ;-)

I am happy to report I seem to be having mint success!

My cuttings are now finally taking root ;-)

There is an inch of white root growing from one specimin - and I
now anticipate eventual success.

It now seems that all they needed was to be left in water to get on with
it for long enough.

I also bought a pot of fresh mint, and that is also doing well - but
I am looking forward to having clones of this particular strain available.
--