Old 06-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default potatoes

The message
from John Rouse contains these words:
In article ,
writes

Hello,

Following the advice from here (I'm so glad I found you guys!) I have
decided to grow potatoes in tyres. I've got some tyres but I'm not
sure if I'll need mo will I need 2 foot or 3 foot high columns?

I wouldn't grow anything in tyres. They contain all kinds of toxic
chemicals, which tend to leach out when they get damp. Tyre dumps are
one of the biggest polluters in the countryside, and are responsible for
much water-course pollution. The usual answer round here seems to be to
set them on fire!

'S OK if you line the tyres with polythene sheet. Otherwise, I'd endorse
the warning 100%.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/