Old 06-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Kay Easton

Default Good King Henry and other 'odd' herbs

In article , ajr
writes
Good morning,

Can anyone tell me where I can buy seeds for the following herbs - asked at
the garden centre and received a blank look!

Good King Henry

Chiltern seeds
Easy to grow (it is a british native). Reasonably substantial - doesn't
boil down to nothing. Easy to pick, no preparation required other than
brief steaming.

Hamburg Parsley - from what I can gather this 'also' a root vegatable with
the leaves used as a herb.

Dobies, possibly Chiltern
Lovely flavour, like parsnip but different. Easy to grow, but the roots
are carrot sized rather than parnip sized. Uniformly tapering, like
carrots, not that irritating bulge tapering to string of a parsnip.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: