Old 06-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default URGLers in Wales... (Ferryside, Carmarthenshire)

In article ,
Sue da Nimm . wrote:

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

snip The trouble is that many indicators - such as those two - are very
unreliable. SOME are reliable, such as rhododendron woods or wild
juniper

Aha!
That explains why I got away with "bunging blueberries straight in the
soil" - we've got rhododenrons growing wild 200 yards below our plot!
(It may also explain why my brussels and cauliflowers were so
disappointing?)

It might indeed. But cauliflowers are notoriously tricky, anyway.

On that matter, I recommend purple sprouting (and, if you like it,
the various kales). It isn't overbred and so is very tough, and
crops when little else does. You will find a few other fans of
it on this group :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.