Old 06-04-2004, 09:51 PM
Emery Davis

Default Good King Henry and other 'odd' herbs

On 6 Apr 2004 07:47:11 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) said:

]
] In article ,
] Emery Davis writes:
] |
] | It may take a bit to get established. (It does stay green all winter, although the
] | leaves are too small for anything that requires a lot.) Anyway, if you don't like
] | it you can always sell it at the local market!
]
] Only in mild winters. If the temperature drops below about -5
] Celcius, it will lose its leaves.
]

Nick, that may be. Although it gets a lot colder than that here, our herb
bed is against a south facing wall of the house, so the actual temp on
ground there may never get colder than 5C. I will say it stays green when
the other soft herbs have died back for winter, and is quite happy after
a coating of snow or ice.

cheers,

-E
--