Old 06-04-2004, 09:51 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Too late for potatoes

In article ,
"Neil Jones" writes:
| "Mark" wrote in message
| .org...
|
| I see that thompson-morgan.com sell tubers for a few quid, but I
| presume
| these need chitting which is going to take some time. Everything I've
| read suggests that the potatoes need planting about now, so do I have
| time to chit and plant this year?
|
| I've been a bit slow getting my spuds chitted but I think they'll be OK.

Ignore anything that says that. It is total bullshit. My soil
only warmed up enough to plant broad beans a couple of weeks back,
and I shan't be planting potatoes for a while yet. They are
sitting there chitting slowly to themselves.

Yes, you have time. Even for (latish) first earlies.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.