Old 06-04-2004, 09:52 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Too late for potatoes

"Mark" wrote in message
Excellent. I'll get some chitting ASAP, but does anyone know anywhere in
Hampshire that I could beg or steal (not sure you can borrow a potato)
some pre-chitted tubers?

thompson-morgan.com does indeed sell them, but only by the 20-odd, which
is far too many for me.

Some GC's sell seed spuds in a packet 6 (Suttons?) for trial purposes so
have a look round for those.
Chitting is only to speed things along once planted so it's not necessary
and is certainly a waste of time if you delay planting just to chit first.

Noticed a couple of my earlies (Concorde) are above soil level, bet they get
frosted. (can't use fleece, foxes tear it to bits in a night)

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars