Old 06-04-2004, 09:52 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Good King Henry and other 'odd' herbs

The message

In article ,
Jaques d'Alltrades writes:
| The message
| from "ajr" contains these words:
|
| I'm sure that I must have sampled sorrel at some point, however I
must admit
| that I have no idea, off the top of my head, what it tastes like!
|
| Sour.

Yes, but lemon juice sour, not unripe japonica sour. It doesn't
take the roof of your mouth off.

Fair screws yer face up though. Could that be the root of 'sorrow', I wonder?

| What is its flavour? Nick mentioned earlier that it was good with "fat
| meat", so I assumed that it would have a sage like flavour, but
(presumably)
| if it compliments fish as well it is a lot more 'delicate'.
|
| No, no 'herby' flavour, just a very sharp taste.

I disagree, somewhat. A slight 'herby' flavour, but less than a
lemon. Comparable to lemon juice.

I remember it as having a slight flavour of 'leaf' laced with a not
unpleasant sour bitterness.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/