Old 06-04-2004, 11:35 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Kaffir lily is an offensive name

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , "Martin Sykes"
wrote:

dumbass ugly Dutch *******s

Oh come on!

Be careful - Martin Sykes wasn't involved.

I don't know who wrote the phrase I left in.

What I do feel is that what that phrase says is at least as offensive as
what the writer is objecting to.

The Fisher family is the only true English (whatever that means) family in
this street. We're not the only white family but that doesn't seem to matter
to the poster I replied to.

We've lived in this street for over forty years. We have non-English
(whatever that means) members of the family.

I believe that referring to anyone as the poster I replied to did is as
offensive as the poster suggested was referring to Kaffirs, as I understood
the post. The poster laid him/herself wide open by saying that.

That was my point, I should have made it more clearly.

It's a very silly subject for a thread and I shan't contribute to it any
more.

Mary