Old 07-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Stephen M. Henning

Default How far from house to plant trees?

When we moved to Pennsylvania, I looked at the old stone farm houses
that had been here for 200 years and many of them had Norway Spruce
planted fairly close (10'). I planted some Norway Spruce fairly close
to our stone farm house and haven't had any problems and they are twice
as tall as the 2-story house now.

It depends upon the variety. Some trees like Norway Maple have huge
surface roots. Some trees like our spruce have deep tap roots. When in
doubt consult with an arborist.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman