Old 07-04-2004, 06:33 AM
NetMax

Default Black sealant for indoor ponds

Thanks for the excellent info. A little expensive for my tastes
(especially after exchange, & hazmat transport), but it certainly meets
the specs. I also found several complimentary sites on its usage, ie:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~jlr5m/house/pond.html

Also located http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.a...32&deptid=1033
as an alternate source of neoprene paint (not sure that this meets
specs).

I going to hunt around a bit more for a Canadian supplier more local to
me. Thanks again!

NetMax

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
I can't be sure of what coating they used but there is a neoprene paint

for
use in fish ponds that comes in black, white or gray. Being a rubber
material, it would seal any leaks, protect the pond water from the

concrete
like a liner, and wouldn't have the seams that some worry about.
AquaticEco.com has the Herco H55. One gallon does a 100 square feet,

so it
would be about 1/2 again the price of liner.
--
RichToyBox

"NetMax" wrote in message
.. .
I've seen above-ground indoor pond/waterfall constructions made

entirely
with natural stones (dressed stones for the pond perimeter and rough
stones for the waterfall). The stones were held together by

something
the colour of cement (sand mix perhaps), but the pond interior was

coated
in a thick black sealer (some type of tar). Ponds are in the 800 to
1200g range.

Can someone identify or direct me to a source of this sealer.

Is there any additives used with a sand mix to make it more fish-safe

or
less porous? I'm already familiar with the leeching requirements

with
the fresh limestone in concrete products.

TIA
NetMax