Old 07-04-2004, 01:02 PM
Inge Jones

Default Voting SPAM

In article ,
says...
Hi,

since voting in the 'allotments' thingy I have noticed an apparent increase
in SPAM to my voting address, which was published in a SPAMtrapped(ish)
format.

Anyone else had similar problems?

Makes you wonder why they have to publish an email address if they have
confirmed your normal posting 'handle' is backed by a valid email address.

Just as well I used a 'spare' account.

Cheers
Dave R

I've had a *tremendous* increase in virus spam (with the attachments)
from this morning, but I didn't vote in any allotments thing. I don't
think it's connected to that, there's something else going on. It's
happening to my husband at work today as well, and he doesn't use his
work email address for any non-work related stuff. So something a bit
more cunning than usual is going on, it seems.