Old 07-04-2004, 02:32 PM

Default My own experience with Lowes Outside Lawn and Garden lately

And that is really at the core of the whole problem. I am an unabashed supporter of
"livable wages" http://maps.vcgi.org/burlingtonlegac...e_wage2002.cfm
for anyone working 40 hours per week. "A livable wage is the hourly wage/annual
income necessary to cover basic needs plus all relevant Federal and State taxes. The
basic needs include necessary expenses: food, housing, child care, transportation,
health care, dental care, clothing, household and personal expenses, renter's and
term life insurance, and 5% savings."

There are other factors that have a profound impact on workers. Respect,
recognition and reward ... the three Rs. Good parents teach their children that hard
work and "doing right" is rewarded. Then they grow up, go to work and too many find
out that there is little relationship between effort and reward. Too many find that
their company treats workers as disposable. There is only one consideration and that
is the bottom line. No respect for workers, dont bother to recognize and reward
working hard, for being honest, for being loyal. Walmart, Sams, and ever company
that has moved overseas and/or outsourced work.

But I still find smaller stores, restaurants etc where I see the same people year
after year. They are pleasant, helpful and professional. And that is where I go to
shop and eat. I dont shop at Walmart or Sams, and I dont go to chains where the
workers look dead behind the eyes. Ingrid

(Skirmishd) wrote:
Good work doesn't really getrecognized too much.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.