Old 07-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Rob Halgren

Default Green House Organization?

K Barrett wrote:

Please provide a definition of the word 'organize'.

K Barrett

"wendy7" wrote in message

I am curious as to how everyone organizes their plants in the g/h?
Apart from the obvious hi/light, lo/light & cool to warm, do you keep them
together by genus?
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Wouldn't it depend on what you are doing with it? If you are a
commercial/walk-in greenhouse you pretty much have to organize
everything by genus/species/variety. Otherwise your customers can't
find anything (nor can you, should you be running around trying to fill
orders). This isn't optimal, assuming you have different sized plants
for each variety. If it is just your personal collection, then as long
as you know where things are, who cares? Besides, what is more fun than
having something bloom out that you didn't even know you had?

I really like grouping similar sized pots together, so I can at least
pretend to get my watering right.

If a cluttered greenhouse is a sign of a cluttered mind, what is an
empty greenhouse a sign of?

2a. See rule 1
3) Littlefrogs eat littlebugs