Old 07-04-2004, 04:34 PM
DAN

Default do i need a bottom drain and a skimmer. Help!

Thanks for all the advice. I've read that the bottom drain is for mid
to large ponds. Is this true? Would the size of my pond be
considered small or mid? Are there plans for homemade skimmers or
bottom drains? Thanks in advance.

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message ...
"Ka30P" wrote in message

You can run a pond without a skimmer or a bottom drain, or even without

netting

* This I would never again do. Too many predators where we live and I fully
believe they bring disease from natural lakes and rivers nearby. What the
diseases don't kill the predators take. I live in a real rural area.

it
BUT you will have to drain it and shovel
out loverly muck, every spring if you can,
which we don't, but we should!

* We're going to start doing ours every 2 years. There's not much on the
bottoms now.

kathy :-)