Old 07-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Ted Byers

Default Green House Organization?

"Al" wrote in message
[snip]
genetic in your species. What I don't like is having somebody hand me

just
a tag with the question,
"Do you have any more of these?"
"Where did you get this?"
"Oh, somewhere over there, and also do you have any more of *these*..."

An idea you might consider is to place a second label either buried in the
pots (out of sight of the client), or fastened in some way to the pot (or
etch an ID number on the pot and keep in your database the ID number as well
as the pot size and name of the plant). At least that way, it isn't too
much of a pain to figure out what a plant is once some "person" has removed
the tag.

I have helper now, once a week, with his own ideas of how to organize,
"Don't all the yellows look nice grouped together like this, with the tall
ones in the back?"
"Next week, *you* get to pack the mail order boxes, Brad."

Al, you're too gentle with your new helper. Doesn't such behaviour at least
warrant a stern scolding at a high volume along with a warning that a repeat
offense will result in summary dismissal? You DID tell him when he first
arrived how you organized your greenhouse and why, and that if he wanted to
suggest something different he should ASK before ACTING on his idea, didn't
you?

While I have never seen it happen things seem to more around at night

while
I sleep, (I am considering a spy-cam in there) so that by this time of

year
I can't find anything any more. I can't even see the print on most of my

And here I thought those nasty little gremlins only attacked programmers'
computers. ;-)

Cheers,

Ted