Old 07-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Milner

Default Compost Crash Course required

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Milner" writes:

| Thanks for your help! I will do as you say to let them breathe, how

long
| might this take before the compost becomes useable? I actually did

empty
| one 'damp' bag into a wheelbarrow and took it outside to see if I could

make
| it dry out, but unfortunately it started hailing yesterday afternoon

:-(

It depends on how thinly it is spread, the temperature and so on.
Hours to weeks - sorry.

Right I have now put the stuff into several wheelbarrows (one bag each) so
that I can wheel them into the greenhouse when it rains, but otherwise I am
leaving them outside. How long do you think it might take?