Old 07-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Brian

Default Kaffir lily is an offensive name

May I use my 'Spade' for digging or must I call it my 'bloody shovel'?
Either way my 'Dutch Hoe ' can get her own breakfast tomorrow!!
Best Wishes
"Brian" wrote in message
Posted previously.

" I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" W.C. Fields

I am sure that no one feels inferior. Accordingly, no name used can
offend in anyway. To assume I would be upset would also presume my
inferiority~~that I would resent [or represent] but not be annoyed.

Unless,
of course, there might be some pecuniary advantage!
Best Wishes~~ Limey
"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Lazarus Cooke" wrote in message
om...
In article , Darren
Garrison wrote:

So, I'm assuming that you insist that people not use the word

"cretin" to
describe an idiot because
it is an insult to people from Crete, not use "vandal" to describe

someone
who damages property
because it might offend descendants of the Vandal people?

And "bugger" derives from the word from Bulgarian (it really does)

I was so sceptical that I cracked my OED. Bugger me, you are right.

Franz

:L

--
Remover the rock from the email address