Old 07-04-2004, 09:02 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default ID popular weed in the lawns

"Sunflower" wrote:

"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
.. .
http://members.aol.com/digitalvinyl66/weed.jpg

Sends this stalks out in a radial pattern. Have a lot of them to clean
up.

I just laid tarp down on a 50sq ft area to kill the remaining turf and
weed before I till it all and add to it. I've got another section
behind the garage to work with, and these buggers are everywhere and
allready flowering back there.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
2nd year gardener

Henbit.

THanks. That's it. Likes moist area with some shade... that's it
exactly. Everywhere it is thriving is overly moist spots.

And I rather like it mixed in with the clover and yarrow of my
"lawn".

Actually I think it is kind of nice looking in dense spots.

Grass is evil, you know. ;~)

I agree, especially when I'm trying to grow veggies in what is lawn.

Sunflower
MS 7b

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
2nd year gardener