Old 07-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Rhiannon S

Default Voting SPAM

Subject: Voting SPAM
From: Inge Jones
Date: 07/04/2004 12:38 GMT Daylight Time
In article ,
says...
Hi,

since voting in the 'allotments' thingy I have noticed an apparent increase
in SPAM to my voting address, which was published in a SPAMtrapped(ish)
format.

Anyone else had similar problems?

Makes you wonder why they have to publish an email address if they have
confirmed your normal posting 'handle' is backed by a valid email address.

Just as well I used a 'spare' account.

Cheers
Dave R

I've had a *tremendous* increase in virus spam (with the attachments)
from this morning, but I didn't vote in any allotments thing. I don't
think it's connected to that, there's something else going on. It's
happening to my husband at work today as well, and he doesn't use his
work email address for any non-work related stuff. So something a bit
more cunning than usual is going on, it seems.

I've got an aol screenname I never use just to keep track of what's happening
spamwise. It has shown a huge spike in the spam levels in the last couple of
days so there is probably some new spam lists been sold somewhere.
--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/