Old 07-04-2004, 10:32 PM
JJ

Default Tropical bargains in S. California?

Hello,

I'm most interested in plumeria and passion fruit vines but could also
be tempted by some lychee/lichee or guava. I'm not looking for
anything fancy, just the white and yellow plumeria in say 1 gallon
pots and the passion vine would ideally be the yellow type common to
Hawaii but any variety that gives good fruit will do.

All these plants will be moved up North (S. Nevada) where they will
Winter under cover. What is the next step up from Home
Depot/Lowes/other BigBox stores? (yeah yeah anything would be a step
up except from Walmart - blah blah blah) On my last trip I saw some
plumeria in Home Depot that was a bit leggy but otherwise looking
good. The passion vines looked fine.

I can hit San Diego, Vista, LA, etc. Any nurseries in Vista that sell
to the great unwashed public?

Yes, I am aware of the various mail order companies. But I'm going to
be in the neighborhood anyway and visiting nurseries is FUN!

Jay