Old 07-04-2004, 10:32 PM
dusty

Default disposable orchids

John DeGood wrote in
:

I received a nice phalaenopsis from my family today for my birthday.
The attached tag (from KB aka Klassic Beauties aka Kerry's Bromeliad
Nursery) contained accurate culture information, and it even
referenced the AOS website "for advanced growing information."

But the back of the tag disturbed me. It featured a tombstone icon
marked with an orchid flower and the letters "RIP", followed by this
caption:

"Plants can be discarded when no longer
flowering. It's okay. We'll grow more!"

Imagine the outcry if a pet store sold their product with similar
labeling:

"Cats can be discarded when no longer
kittens. It's okay. We'll grow more!"

I'm indignant!

John (opposed to orchid euthanasia)

Hey don't complain the trash is where I get most of my orchids. I have well
over 80 Phals I just dug out of the trash behind the store. I just love
this throw away bunch.
Now if only they would throw out a greenhouse to put them all in.

dusty from digging.