Old 07-04-2004, 11:39 PM
wendy7

Default Green House Organization?

Thanks Kenni, I am working on the watering part.*g*
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply
"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
Wendy: Somewhat and sort of [which also pretty much describes our level

of
"organization" G].

My customers don't seem to be able to find anything, anyway (except for my
"not for sale" exhibit and breeding stock, which they can zoom in on
IMMEDIATELY, thru multiple barriers of flagging tape, LARGE signs, and big
red tags G), so I figure that when it's out of bloom, I'm the only one

who
needs to be able to find it. Works most of the time ... except that some

of
Al's gremlins obviously come south for the Florida "season" G.

For us: Flowers go "up front" in a showroom area -- low phal light,
hand-watered, so anything can go there. The extra shade helps prolong
flower life on the plants which would otherwise grow brighter. Mature
Catts, Dens, Oncids, Phals, Vandas have areas, where I struggle to keep

all
of the C. Xyz together, but there are always a few malcontents -- e.g.,

Den.
Red Dragon was getting sunburned in the Den. area, so now they live with

the
young seedlings being hardened off; same with a few other things that,
ideally for my purposes, would be grouped with their fellows if they'd put
up with it.

For you, besides light and temp, you probably want to group things by

their
watering requirements -- loosely but not 100% correlated with pot size,
within genera.

Rob: there are WAY too many things that empty GH could mean ...
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

Wouldn't it depend on what you are doing with it? If you are a
commercial/walk-in greenhouse you pretty much have to organize
everything by genus/species/variety. Otherwise your customers can't
find anything (nor can you, should you be running around trying to fill
orders). This isn't optimal, assuming you have different sized plants
for each variety. If it is just your personal collection, then as long
as you know where things are, who cares? Besides, what is more fun than
having something bloom out that you didn't even know you had?

I really like grouping similar sized pots together, so I can at least
pretend to get my watering right.

If a cluttered greenhouse is a sign of a cluttered mind, what is an
empty greenhouse a sign of?

2a. See rule 1
3) Littlefrogs eat littlebugs