Old 08-04-2004, 12:36 AM
Roy Lynch

Default Cow Muck Again

Janet Baraclough.. wrote in message
The message
from "Roy Lynch" contains these words:

I have had 3 tonne delivered and it is about 3 months old. Its currently
sitting at the end of my garden till autumn so I can put it on my newly

cut
out borders. My question is.. would it be better to cover it up from now
till autumn with some tarpaulin, would this help the rotting process a
little faster or better to just leave it in the open air?

Covering the top (letting air in at the sides) will stop rain leaching
out the nutrients, and keep it warmer which helps decomposition.

Lucky you :-)

Janet

Thanks Janet,

I got it delivered from the farm next door its full of straw/hay at present.
Will let it rot down and follow your advice by covering the top only. Smells
lovely lol for poo that is. Cant wait to get it on the borders this soil is
starving.