Old 08-04-2004, 08:02 AM
Martin Brown

Default Purple Gooseberry and Red Currant Propagation

In message , Julie
writes

Getting my daughter involved in gardening. We went to the garden
centre today and bought one each Purple Gooseberry and Red Currant
Bushes. She would like to have more but wants to do them herself. What
is a good website that could explain how to do this or can any one
here give good details on how to?

The easiest way with the gooseberry is to peg down any low branches into
a soft soil peat mix and they will root down. Easier than taking
cuttings.

Same will work for red currant (but why would you want to propagate them
intentionally) but you get free seedlings everywhere after the first
season..

Worth growing also a josta berries and black currant.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown