Old 08-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Dick

Default What size aquarium?

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 20:51:57 -0400, "NetMax"
wrote:

"Marvin Hlavac" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
Hi John,

I got it from is thousands of miles away
and I only have just over 3KG of it.

My guess would be 5g aquarium.

I actually plan to add a layer of Flourite underneath

Perhaps if the sand is for some reason very special to you it would be
better not to mix it with anything...(?)

There is a chance I could always have a slightly bigger tank than it
would cover and just be innovative with the space it won't cover by
adding other things.

That may be wise as it is easier to maintain a bigger aquarium. Good

source
of information is an often recommended website http://www.thekrib.com/

--
Regards,
Marvin Hlavac

Along the lines of innovation, you could probably setup a 10g with a few
stones and driftwood, displacing some of the area normally filled with
the sand. Adding Flourite would let you go to a larger tank, but plants
don't generally have trouble in just sand.

NetMax

My idea is similar to NetMax only I was thinking you should get the
tank size you really would like to have and then make a border on the
bottom to hold together the special stuff. On the outside of the
border put regular sand. Not too cleaver about constructing the
border. In a garden there are plastic or aluminum borders available
commercially. Perhaps a soup bowl would be the right size. I sure
wouldn't limit my tank size unless you got something like a Beta tank.