Old 08-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Susan Erickson

Default disposable orchids

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 12:27:43 GMT, dusty wrote:

"Don" wrote in news:OE3dc.13261$g%6.5757@nntp-
post.primus.ca:

BORG

You're lucky Don the BORGs around here will throw the orchids away before
they reduce them. I asked about the dumb idea and the manager said he gets
full reinbersment from the grower for plants he cant sell. I was irritated
enough to give him my cart full of items to put back and went to Lowes.

The Lowes and HD in our area have the same frame of mind. He
said it was too easy for the help to cause the plant to look bad
to get a discount for family or friends. Some are over watered
some so under watered they dry up. He continues to display them
until the plant is so desiccated that it looks like a dried
arrangement. I have seen the same dead plant on display for over
a month.
SuE