Old 08-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Rob Halgren

Default Green House Organization?

wendy7 wrote:

Ok Rob, say I have a whole bench full of paphs & I want to find
Paph. gratrixianum?

Look at the leaves... Gratrixianum has narrow leaves, held fairly
upright, and usually has spots of color near the base of the leaf.
About -so high- and just about -that color-...

It is easy! *grin* Of course there are at least three other
species that kind of look like it, so you had better not buy any of those...

Besides, if you have a whole benchful of paphs, you probably have
developed that intense prickly sensation in your skull which forces you
to know what they all are, and look at them on a daily basis. Or is
that just me? Or maybe just me and Al?

On a more serious note, I wouldn't arrange my paphs by species. At
least not by alphabetical order or anything. I might group the same
species together if it was in the same size pot (I use square pots and
flats with the right size holes in them, so that helps organize things
right there).

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit