Old 08-04-2004, 03:32 PM
wendy7

Default Green House Organization?

Rob, the only tingling feeling I have, is in my feet & it's called
Peripheral Neuropathy!
Ok, so that's it then, a tray or two for species of different sized pots.
Another
two trays for the others in 2" & 4" pots. I also have some larger round pots
& some of
those square ones with the cones in the centre. (Another tray)
Another tray for the hard plain green leafed paphs that require a cool
spell
to bloom. (Anyone have a list of these?)
Oh, by the way, do you have your pots touching & if so what about the leaves
over lapping into the next pot? Also do paphs get crown rot like phals?
I shall try this today.........maybe?
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Rob Halgren wrote:
wendy7 wrote:

Ok Rob, say I have a whole bench full of paphs & I want to find
Paph. gratrixianum?

Look at the leaves... Gratrixianum has narrow leaves, held fairly
upright, and usually has spots of color near the base of the leaf.
About -so high- and just about -that color-...

It is easy! *grin* Of course there are at least three other
species that kind of look like it, so you had better not buy any of
those...

Besides, if you have a whole benchful of paphs, you probably have
developed that intense prickly sensation in your skull which forces
you
to know what they all are, and look at them on a daily basis. Or is
that just me? Or maybe just me and Al?

On a more serious note, I wouldn't arrange my paphs by species.
At least not by alphabetical order or anything. I might group the
same species together if it was in the same size pot (I use square
pots and flats with the right size holes in them, so that helps
organize things right there).

Rob