Old 08-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Katra

Default fences

Sounds awesome. :-)

Even tho' my fence is only 6' in the back, my dogs running loose inside
the yard seem to discourage deer. I've never had a problem with them and
there is a small herd here in the area.

K.

In article ,
"GeneS" wrote:

LOL - use T posts, but make it a "deer" fence (8'+)
plus! We just finished one & it's awesome. Keeps the
deer out & is a GREAT arbor as well. We will cover it with
evergreen vines & it will look great as well. We are running
irrigation around the base today to insure rapid vegetation.

Gene

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
Diana Sledge wrote:

What is a reasonable price per linear foot for a cedar privacy fence
(5/8in x 6 in x 6 ft) installed on 3 rails? Existing metal posts can be
used.

Would most people expect to share the cost of a common fence? The fence
to be replaced is 30 years old with big holes in it.

I am getting grief from the neighbor. The fence is on my property, but
she doesn't think she should share any cost. I know I can't make her,
but I would like to know if I am being reasonable.

Diana Sledge

Replace it with a wire fence.
It's stronger, cheaper and longer lasting. 6' farm fencing and T-posts
requires no digging either. ;-)

Then just plant wild grapes and honeysuckle, and misc. other vines of
your choice to cover it.

It'll last forever. That's what I did and it's quite nice.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...e=0&user id=k