Old 08-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Mr. Chaos 007

Default 1st Rattlesnake sighting

We caught our first yearling Rattler Monday after the rain. My helper
touched him while weeding before noticing him. He was viritually
invisible in the garden amoungst the litter and weeds. He was coiled up
and did not strike or do anything aggresive. I have had much less
pleasant experiences with Copperheads as they seem far more aggresive
and willing to bite. We will release it to a less populated area. We
also have seen Rat Snakes and Garter snakes this spring.

We generally find or see about 10 poisonous snakes per year at our gardens.

Dave
Gardens of the Ancients Herb Emporium and Nursery
www.gardensoftheancients.com

jOhN wrote:
Tonight I found a Great Plains Rat snake on my front porch. It looked
like it was just coming out of hibernation and looking for a meal.

http://www.zo.utexas.edu/research/tx...he.emoryi.html