Old 08-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Art

Default need brick cutting tips & tricks

I believe my mason said that the good blades are $300. There are crappy
ones that are worthless for about $100.

"SQLit" wrote in message

"JD" wrote in message

I just laid the main part of a 4x25' curving brick walkway. Now comes

the
part where I need to fill in all the little angled and odd pieces. I

have
rented a brick saw for the weekend but I am looking for tips & tricks to
accurately measure the angles and holes I have to fill. I plan on using

tape measure and marking on the brick then cutting, but could use some
advice if anyone has any.
Thanks
JD
Chesapeake, VA

Choose your method of transferring the pattern..
Biggest thing to remember this can be a wet and messy project. Use lots of
fresh water, clean in the saw. Go slowly. They probably will measure the
thickness and the diameter of the blade when you return it. They charge by
the inch as well as the day. Diamond blades ARE expensive. Ask lots of
questions before you sign on the dotted line.
Brick is pretty soft compared with other types of stone and tile. Just let
the saw do the work and you will minimiumize the wear on the blade.