Old 08-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Purple Gooseberry and Red Currant Propagation

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:

| i have never heard of a josta berry. what are they?

A gooseberry-blackcurrant cross. I have some, which have produced
precisely as many coconuts as jostaberries.

Weird - mine were heavy croppers and required no maintenance apart from
keeping the hens from pinching the fruit on the lower branches. I'd have
thought it would grow in Cambridge just as well as in Belgium.

They were a present from someone who had taken them as cuttings,
but I am not sure whether from a known cropping plant or 'just'
a gooseberry-blackcurrant cross. If they don't at least flower
this year, they are going.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.