Old 08-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Rusty Mase

Default RFI: Options for paths in my garden

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 20:37:48 GMT, Andyd wrote:
(snipped here)
Right now I have decomposed granite for the paths between the beds.
However, I am finding the weed problem on these paths is horrendous,
and I need some recommendations for options.

How about adapting a steam carpet cleaner to do this? You just need
something to burn off the tops of the plants and steam would do that.
Do it very often and maybe the plants would give up.

I have been playing around with using crushed glass containers to make
paths like this and the next path I will put down on a root proof
fabric and put the path material over it. My neighbors do not mind -
so far. It is sort of pretty, especially after dark, and the glass
gravel is not sharp.

Rusty Mase