Old 08-04-2004, 08:35 PM
tg

Default EPDM pond liner.. best pricing??

Check your local roofing supply company as well. If you buy a complete roll
of 50' or 100' it is much cheaper. They generally carry 10' and 20' widths
on hand. Some have more. Some also sell "scraps" or lengths less than a full
roll that have been returned by the contractor. I have used the .45 mil
roofing EPDM for years with no adverse effects on fish or plants. It usually
has a talc powder on it so that it doesn't stick together and rolls out
easily. You also have the choice of the .60 mil as well. As far as online,
AZ ponds ( www.azponds.com) has quite a few sizes that they stock. Their
prices were competetive, I just think that shipping costs could outweigh
that, but I have not checked into it.

Good luck.

"Gareee©" wrote in message
Is it cheaper to buy it online with shipping, or better to pick it up at

the
local lowe's, home depot, ect?

The price Lowe's gave me was .40 a sq foot, and they only carry it in
varying sizes.

When we looked at it, the epdm roofing material was actually more

expensive
then the prepackaged pond liners, and I remember reading last year here

that
the roofing epdm was always cheaper, and exactly the same.

We are looking at something here about 14x14 or such.. I still need to

take
actual measurments.

Downside, is we are digging out VERY large rocks (Waynesville, NC),

upsaide,
is we have a great winter mountain view.

Also we just saw a raccoon nearby (visible from the house) We probably
should skip koi, and I'm sure the raccoon's would love that feast.

--
Gareee©
Homepage: